Tuesday, October 18, 2011

New Toy

Recently, I snagged a brand new 5-speed KitchenAid blender with a polycarbonate container. For only $45!


Tonight, I decided to make some smoothies. I started off with some frozen strawberries.


Some vanilla ice cream.


A banana.


Some milk.


And finally a touch of orange juice.


Then the ingredients went for a ride in the blender. I am MORE than impressed with this blender. The frozen strawberries and frozen hard ice cream were blended instantly with the other ingredients, on the lowest setting! I cranked it up a bit just to make sure we didn't get surprised by a big chunk of somethin'. 


These smoothies were a great way to finish this dark, muggy, raining day. Do you have any new toys, or have a toy on your wish list?

2 comments:

  1. i like your new toy :) i have the red one, and i think mom has the stainless one... but i think if you include ice cream, it should be called a milk shake!

    my favorite smoothie recipe: frozen wild blueberries, frozen banana, frozen mango, almond butter, milk, chia seeds, vanilla. mmm!

    also, i recently started buying organic 1% milk gallons from walmart. i never thought i'd say this about something from walmart, but it's soooo good! you should try it.

    i have a new toy! my hand blender. i am going to make sooooup with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mniam mniam. I'll send you a link for Green Diva for more smoothie recipes. she likes vegetables a lot. Worth the try and nutritious.
    love, Ma

    ReplyDelete