Saturday, October 15, 2011

Donut Holes

So we woke up today to very nice weather outside. We opened the patio door and enjoyed the morning with some hot coffee. As the afternoon approached I decided to verge off of the norm. As you may know, Megan is getting back into running, as is serious about it! I decided to join her today. We didn't go as far as Megan usually does, and I did slow her down as we had to stop running a few times to walk for a bit. But, in the end I finished the run and am proud of myself and I hope to continue this, especially as the weather is getting nicer and nicer! So what better way to treat ourselves than with donut holes! But, we're baking them, not frying! (that's saved for another day :)). And of course, honoring the fall season, these are pumpkin spiced donuts. I started off with the dry ingredients: some flour, baking powder, touch of salt, and of course pumpkin spice. 


Sift, sift, sift.


And megan worked on the wet ingredients: some brown sugar, eggs, oil, milk, vanilla extract and of course pumpkin puree


Then we combined the wet and dry and stirred them just until combined.


Then into the oven into cute little mini muffin pans. 


They came out nice and golden brown


But, we're not done yet. This donut needs a coating! Let's melt some butter.


And prepare some cinnamon sugar, with the perfect ratio of sugar to cinnamon. 


Roll the donuts in the melted butter. 


And into the cinnamon sugar.


Megan working hard.


So concentrated.


All done. Time to snack!


These donuts are great, and definitely scream fall being pumpkin spiced. I hope Megan will let me keep running with her and bare with me while I try to catch up. What pumpkin spiced foods are creating this fall?

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures, honey! And awesome job on our run! You killed it - thanks for keeping me company :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very good. I wish I could try it.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look great! I'm convinced that you cannot go wrong with pumpkin :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a recipe for pumpkin pancakes with apple butter (made from applesauce). I plan to try it out Friday!!!

    P.S. These look DELISH.

    ReplyDelete